#99: Becky Magnotta: The Magic in Metaphors!
Becky Magnotta is a leadership coach that finds the magic in metaphors – my coaching; think of it like a three-legged stool! – and you’ll never look at another three-legged stool in the same way again; it’s the triad that works!! Becky isn’t afraid to give feedback, even the kind that could get you fired, and recognises there is a gift in everything but sometimes gifts come in ugly packages! As a concert pianist, Becky brings the gift of curiosity, joy and awe in her ability to listen and recognise patterns in people.
Homestead Coaching and Consulting, LLC., builds on a family legacy of great leadership, focused on the notion that everybody deserves a great place to work, building others through accountability and feedback.
What’s going to be your learning takeaway from this ‘Tyrannosaurus-Bex’ episode?
- Coaching Moment – Ask those simple, pertinent questions. 1:20
- Coaching Moment – Not working harder than your client! 3:06
- Sliding Doors – Sometimes gifts come in ugly packages! 6:44 (Kim Miles – https://www.opendoorcoachingusa.com/podcasts/the-coaching-podcast/episodes/2147691667 )
- What makes a great coach? 10:30
- Great questions, make great coaches - What keeps you coaching? 12:43 (Judy Sabah - https://www.opendoorcoachingusa.com/podcasts/the-coaching-podcast/episodes/2147727342 )
- Homestead Coaching – A family legacy. 14:05
- Characteristics of a great leader – Accountability Cycle 17:10
- Performance anxiety as a concert pianist and self-compassion 19:35
- What do I use from my Piano in coaching. 23:50
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) 24:08
- Accountability – This could get me fired! 29:25 (Chris Kachel – https://www.opendoorcoachingusa.com/podcasts/the-coaching-podcast/episodes/2147713627 )
- My coaching; think of it like a three-legged stool – it’s the triad that works! 32:49
- What is the gift? There is a gift in everything. 37:54
- Becky-isms – The magic in metaphors! 39:33
Becky Magnotta, MBA, PCC, CPQC
Leadership Coach and Leadership Development Expert
Becky Magnotta is the founder and Executive Coach & Consultant for Homestead Coaching and Consulting, LLC. https://www.homesteadcoaching.com/
She has over thirty years of corporate experience with Lee Hecht Harrison and BetterUp, and twenty years of Leadership and Talent Development experience.
Becky received her formal coach training from Blue Mesa Group in 2015. She is a Certified Positive Intelligence Coach (CPQC), and achieved her PCC Coaching Community of Practice. She is currently serving her second year as Director of Communications for the ICF-Colorado Chapter. Becky Magnotta was the Chair for the ATD International Conference (a 13 thousand-person event) and a member of the Planning Advisory Committee in 2020, and 2021.
Becky enjoys public speaking and has presented talent management, leadership, and coaching topics at many conferences and events including; ATD International Conference, ICF’s International Coaching Week, Human Capital Institute Employee Engagement Conference, EX Impact, and South Oil and Gas Leadership Meeting.
Becky has a bachelor’s degree in Piano Performance from the University of Denver, and an M.B.A. with a finance emphasis from Regis University in Denver. Outside of work, she enjoys reading, traveling, and the sights and sounds of Colorado with her husband, Steve.
For more great coaching information and links visit: The Coaching Podcast website https://www.opendoorcoachingusa.com/