#114: Jeff Wickersham: First impressions are key!
First impressions are key! Jeff Wickersham, the creator of the 4-step Morning Fire Methodology, explains that most of us start the day distracted by our phones, messages, emails and social media – your day is controlling you! In this episode, Jeff will have you rethinking how you start your day, ditching that ‘rainy day mentality’ and taking care of yourself first, from the moment the alarm clock goes off! “Once you crack just a little piece of your potential and you see it, then you can never go back.” Discover Jeff’s mantra of ‘Fight, Rise, Love, Repeat’ and prepare to make the most out of seeing every day as a gift. You’ll be jumping out of bed, running in the rain and taking up something new (you’re going to suck at it, at the start anyway) after this empowering conversation between Emma Doyle and Jeff Wickersham! Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!
Jump to the best coaching podcast moments here;
- Coaching Moment that didn’t go well 1:40
- Coaching Moment that went well – 4-step Morning Fire Methodology; preparing the night before for success 2:40
- Sliding Doors – Create a legacy. Play with purpose. Today is a gift, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! 4:00
- Fun Fact – voted biggest complainer! 8:05
- What makes a Great Coach? – Authenticity, Empathy, Listener 8:50
- Helpful Feedback 11:00
- What sparks Jeff’s curiosity? – What are the fundamentals? 12:05
- First impressions are key – your day is controlling you! 12:40
- Fight, Rise, Love, Repeat – Don’t think about it! Simple as possible! Meant to move! Mind reps - meditation! Take care of yourself first! 14:45
- 5 year old Jeff 19:00
- Language is key – creating that awareness 21:30
- Mentors – Once you crack just a little piece of your potential and you see it, then you can never go back. 24:00
- David Goggins 4x4x48 mile run 25:33
- Breathing – so automatic, we miss it! 26:47
- Accountability 28:10
- Digital Addiction, no distractions. Digital sunset at night. 32:40
- Coaching Catchphrases – Today is a gift you’ll never get back again! 34:37
About Jeff Wickersham - Peak Performance Coach
Follow Jeff on Social media
IG - @jeff_wickersham
Jeff Wickersham is a sought-after peak performance coach who helps guide clients, to intentionally step into the best versions of themselves and unlock that inner hero waiting to be unleashed. Jeff’s a #1 best-selling author, Tony Robbins award winner, podcast host and creator of the 4-step Morning Fire Methodology. He recently completed his second David Goggins 4x4x48 mile run, meditated for 1,657 straight days and took an ice bath or cold shower for 1,312 days straight! If you have that itch that you can be more, do more, want more, Jeff Wickersham can help you get there.